ON THE DANCEFLOOR
Kaiserdisco & Flavio Diaz - Juane
Edit Select - Beneath (Mark Broom Remix)
Audiofly - Salioelsol (Kabuto and Koji Remix)
Matt Cooper - The Brazen Bull
Layo & Bushwacka! - Now Is The Time (Emerson Todd Remix)
Slam - Room 2 (Pan Pot Rave Tool Remix)
Jalebee Cartel - Dub Drop
M.in - The Beat
Neil Quigley - Aerica
Martinez - Passerby
in the bedroom
Phoenix - If I Ever Feel Better
Peter Bjorn and John - Young Folks (Diplo Youngest Folks Remix)
French Kicks - When You Heard You
Jack White - Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground ('It Might Get Loud' Version)
Jaime Jones - Summertime (Extended Vocal Mix)
Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs - Garden
Delphic - Halcyon (Michael Mayer Remix)
- It Might Get Loud (2009) I suspect this documentary got lost during Michael Jackson's death, which was around the time it was released. A must watch for guitar/rock lovers. A deep study of three legendary guitarists and their relationship with the instrument. So many great moments in this. Basically, ask yourself, what happens when you put Jimmy Page, The Edge and Jack White in the same room? Need I say more?
- You Heard It First has just set up its SoundCloud page and who better to do a mix for us than the lovely Chloe Harris! CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE SET!
- The MADDECENT podcasts - a haven for Diplo sets, how can you not respect a DJ who can can blend Petter, Rihanna and Justice? Mashed up, remixed, fucked up. Genius. The Diplo Diesel Party China set recorded 5 years back and everything else are highlights.
- The PowerBook G4 - so I know the lot of you have the macbook and the macbook pro, but I'm sorry, the PowerBook G4 is classic, indestructible, machinery. A lot of you jumped on the Mac bandwagon a bit too late IMO. (haha, my upgrade should happen at the end of the year)
- Super comfy Lazy Boys, blankets and pillows, hot caramel popcorn, the missus and A-Team (2010). Gold Class in Fame, Value Mall (Bangalore) is the only way to watch a movie.
- Breaking Bad - Did a marathon. Amazing TV. Served with a heavy dose of irony. Brilliant acting, brilliant plot structure, brilliant cliff hangers... think Weeds without the weed and crystal meth instead. Shout out for How To Make It In America, also great TV... think Entourage minus Hollywood and Ari Gold.
- The sports on offer - World Cup, Wimbledon, Formula One, Asia Cup - who said it's boring to stay at home?
- Mark Webber surviving his horrific crash with Heikki Kovalainen in Valencia - thought he was a dead man.
- Germany thrashing Argentina 4-0 in the World Cup quarterfinals. The result? Not feeling so bad about England's shite performance. Good to see Ghana get as far as they did. Here's to the Dutch winning it? #youhearditherefirst
- Pajama bottoms and flip flops - they're so in, maaaan.
- We can all agree June was typical awesome Bangalore weather? Warm, sunny days; cool drizzling nights.
- Kenko Fish Spa (Lavelle Road, Bangalore) - 100s of fishies that suck your feet. Total trip. Guaranteed laughs. Never thought I'd say it, but it's therapeutic.
- Claytopia Bistro Cafe (Indira Nagar, Bangalore) - Stay away from this piece of shit excuse for a 'bistro.' Burger fell apart, the chicken patty was half frozen and the missus and I felt nauseous for the rest of the day. When has a 'Rocky Road Milkshake' ever been a Nescafe instamix Cold Coffee? Stick to selling pottery and not duping your customers with shit food.
- The age old balancing act of watching a variety of sports through the night and at the same time giving the significant other some attention, haha got a bit messy this month. <3
- The possibility of the R-Fed era in tennis coming to an end? How many Grand Slams does Federer have left?
- England putting me off football for the entire World Cup. Get your fucking act together you overpaid weapons.
- Beer+Laptop = NOT HAPPENING (unless it's a PowerBook G4 ;)) - watch your fucking drinks when you're around the DJ console peeps.
- Being sick for two weeks straight. Cold, fever, congestion. Is it me, or was there a bug around town?
- Yet another cocktease about the 11:30PM deadline from the wanker politicians running Bangalore.
Sorry this was a little late peeps... June wasn't such a bad month aye? Kinda slow though. - SG